Case Study Search
Case Study Archive
Not found what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for, maybe we can help?
Tracy Isaac 2010/2011
“It was a lot of extremely hard work and quite emotional but well worth it and my advice to others would be don’t wait, just do it.”
In September 2006 Tracy set out on the four year part time Illustration Foundation Degree which she had to fit around her busy home life, three children and a progressing career.
“I’ve always drawn since I was small and it’s something I thought I should have pursued so when the opportunity arose, I took it,” said Tracy.
Tracy had to put other aspects of her life first and so alongside her Degree she continued to undertake courses to develop her career, including a Diploma in Management and ITQ National Vocational Qualification (NVQ).
“I have an extremely supportive family and had to get into the right mindset so that the balance was right between my home life, career and Degree.”
Tracy used her garden shed, which she shared with her eight guinea pigs, to work on the various projects set by her course tutors.
I did a little each night which worked best for me. However busy your life is, if you put aside a bit of time each day you can do it.
Having just graduated Tracy has already received interest from local companies wanting to use aspects of her work and looks forward to the new challenge it brings.
Have you seen?
- Traineeship opens doors for Kat
- The ‘Petroc Apprentices’ celebrate gaining degrees at graduation ceremony
- The future looks bright for former fitness student Emma Woodcock
- Students offer drop-in session to encourage people to get active
- Alumni ExhibitionBrannams10:00 - 16:00
- Humanities & Science Parents' Evening - First Year Students - Tiverton CampusMain Site, Tiverton15:30 - 18:30