Not found what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for, maybe we can help?
The Conflict Management course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of principles and practice of Conflict Management.
This course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. You will receive a course manual, assignments and study guide, plus tutor support by email.
Conflict and Anger
Practical Conflict Management Techniques
The objectives of the course are to:
Understand basic concepts of conflict management
Explore techniques for managing conflict effectively
Demonstrate five conflict handling styles
Adopt good listening techniques
Understand negotiation techniques
Describe problem solving approaches
Demonstrate mediation techniques
Demonstrate how to cope with crises
Describe the concepts of self-development
On successfully completing the course you will receive a Petroc Certificate of Completion. Hours can be counted towards recognised structured CPD
You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to six months.
Length of Study
Over a period of four to six months.
The course will take around 50 hours of study to complete.
We are very interested in investing in people and hearing their thoughts; we need a training provider who can support and meet the needs of our staff. We have seen improved morale and motivation as the training makes staff feel more respected and involved.
Have you seen?
- Students raise over £500 for Raise a Smile Week
- Petroc offers low-risk opportunities for innovative businesses in Tiverton
- Prize giving evening recognises outstanding student achievements
- My day at Petroc by student Theo Seel Kent
- ConfusionsMain Site, Barnstaple19:00 - 22:00
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Lifestyle LearningPetroc now offers distance learning for beauty and holistic therapies.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.
- The Job ShopA FREE service at Petroc, Barnstaple and Tiverton Campuses to assist our students into employment.