Petroc Tiverton charity events raise over £700
Charity events led by students at Petroc in Tiverton have raised over £700 for two charities.
The college's RAG (Raise And Give) Day raised more than £500 from collecting tins in the town centre on Friday October 14, with a further £100.24 from raffles and students dying their hair.
Proceeds will go to Petroc Student Union's chosen charity for 2011-12; the Alzheimers Society.
The charity will also benefit from the college's RAG Shindig party. In addition, a £100 donation from that event is being made to the Teenage Cancer Trust.
Have you seen?
- NCS helps teenagers gain confidence and independence
- Petrocís volleyball academy bring home gold and silver from national competition
- Young scientists crowned South West champions in annual analyst competition
- Personal trainer Toby impresses judges with new concept at national competition
- Barnstaple Grand PrixOff Site09:00 - 17:30
- Barnstaple Grand PrixSunday 19 May, featuring the unique lawn mower street races as well as the highly entertaining pedal car race.
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.