Petroc goes supersonic
Petroc is inviting the public to enjoy an exciting evening of thrill-seeking, supersonic, scientific entertainment on Thursday December 8, 2011
Richard Noble OBE succeeded against all the odds when his Thrust Super Sonic Car (SSC) went supersonic to break the land speed record. Now heís trying to break the 1,000mph barrier with the Bloodhound.
Both man and machine will be at the Barnstaple Campus, as part of the major event, organised by the college as part of its role as regional lead for science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
There will be an explosive science show, interactive workshops and exhibitions.
Visitors can even experience driving at supersonic speed, in the Bloodhound driving simulator.
Refreshments are being provided throughout the evening, including a curry.
The event begins at 5.30pm. Entry is free but places are limited and need to be booked in advance.
To reserve places, email Jan Rowe: email@example.com
Have you seen?
- PHOTOS: Barnstaple Grand Prix
- Petroc students love vintage!
- NCS helps teenagers gain confidence and independence
- Petrocís volleyball academy bring home gold and silver from national competition
- Discovering Degrees ExpoBrannams16:30 - 19:00
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Lifestyle LearningPetroc now offers distance learning for beauty and holistic therapies.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.
- The Job ShopA FREE service at Petroc, Barnstaple and Tiverton Campuses to assist our students into employment.