Brannams opens its doors for National Apprenticeship Week
Petrocís School of Architecture, Construction and the Built Environment (ACBE) is holding an open door event on Wednesday February 8, 2012, as part of National Apprenticeship Week.
Employers, prospective learners and the public are invited to visit the new workshops at the collegeís Brannams Campus, at Roundswell, Barnstaple, to see apprentices and full time learners in action. Along with this there will be a number of trade displays with the latest innovations and tools available.
Visitors can get involved in a number of activities. The Brickathon Challenge invites participants to see how fast they can lay 20 bricks and the CSkills remote control dumper challenge tests the ability to navigate an obstacle course.
Innovative construction products will be on display, including Durisol blocks made from recycled timber and the new paratherm block.
The Rollins Group will display their vast range of tools Ė all available at discounted prices.
Screwfix in Barnstaple will be launching their starter tool kits for apprentices, and these will be available at discounted prices too. Also, local firm Irwinís will be demonstrating their products at the event.
You can also test your health and safety knowledge and find out about the huge portfolio of Apprenticeships and other training opportunities available at the college.
Jason Quinn, Petrocís senior tutor for ACBE, said: ďApprentices add life to your business. As well as being eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to the company that invests in them, apprentices deliver real returns to your bottom line.Ē
Experts will be on hand to answer advice and guidance on all your training needs and guided tours of the campus will be available throughout the day.
If you canít make it to the event on February 8, Petrocís Brannams Campus and all Construction Workshops are open to businesses and the public, by appointment, throughout National Apprentice Week (Monday to Friday February 6 to 10, 2012). Call Petrocís School of ACBE on 01271 338058 now to book your visit and meet the team.
Have you seen?
- NCS helps teenagers gain confidence and independence
- Petrocís volleyball academy bring home gold and silver from national competition
- Young scientists crowned South West champions in annual analyst competition
- Personal trainer Toby impresses judges with new concept at national competition
- Devon County ShowOff Site09:00 - 18:00
- Barnstaple Grand PrixOff Site09:00 - 17:30
- Come and see us at Devon County ShowPetroc will be out and about in the Community this summer, come and see us and discover what courses we can offer you and enter our competition to win an ipad Mini.
- Barnstaple Grand PrixSunday 19 May, featuring the unique lawn mower street races as well as the highly entertaining pedal car race.
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.