Babcock boys build racing machine
- The Babcock apprentices were filmed constructing their pedal car for the Barnstaple Grand Prix
- Bradley gets fitted with a mic, ready for his interview
- Bradley goes under the spotlight
- Rob's ready for his close-up
- Rob gives the pedal car a test run
The Babcock Marine apprentices, who trained at Petroc, took centre stage this morning, as Seth Conway from ITV West Country filmed them building a pedal car for the Barnstaple Grand Prix.
The former students started building the car at the College and are now putting the finishing touches to their racing machine at the shipyard in Appledore.
They have been using a number of skills learnt of their course to construct a robust pedal car, which they believe has the potential to win the race this year.
The feature is due to be aired one evening next week.
The Barnstaple Grand Prix is being organised by Petroc and BID Barnstaple and is sponsored by Silverstreet Automotive.
Come and cheer on all the competitors and soak up the party atmosphere in Barnstaple town centre on Sunday May 13!
Have you seen?
- Free health and fitness opportunities at Petroc
- Great day at the Good Food Show
- Wind farm visit assists studentsí project
- New demonstration area will enhance learning experience for hospitality students
- Alumni ExhibitionBrannams10:00 - 16:00
- Humanities & Science Parents' Evening - First Year Students - Tiverton CampusMain Site, Tiverton15:30 - 18:30