Petroc students take part in Olympic-style competition
- Amy Hawking won the Spirit of the Games Award
- Torchbearer Charlotte Broadhead posed for photos
- Richard was proud to show people his Olympic torch
- Take aim!
Petrocís Supported Learning students have been getting into the Olympic spirit by taking part in the North Devon School Games.
The event, which was organised by the Governors of Pathfield School, started after the Olympic torch passed through Barnstaple last Monday and concluded five days later with a fabulous closing ceremony at the School.
Students from Lampard, Park, Pilton, Torrington, South Molton and Petroc took part in a series of sporting activities, including curling, volleyball, football and boccia.
Public Services students also got involved during the week, helping organise events and oversee the scoring.
At the closing ceremony Petrocís very own celebrity, torchbearer Richard Dean, spent time with the students, posing for pictures with his Olympic torch.
Former student, Charlotte Broadhead, was also at the event with her Olympic torch, which she carried through the streets of Torquay on the previous Sunday.
All the students involved spoke enthusiastically about the Games and are already looking forward to next yearís event.
Congratulations to Amy Hawking who was presented with the Spirit of the Game Award for her sportsmanship throughout the week.
Have you seen?
- NCS helps teenagers gain confidence and independence
- Petrocís volleyball academy bring home gold and silver from national competition
- Young scientists crowned South West champions in annual analyst competition
- Personal trainer Toby impresses judges with new concept at national competition
- Devon County ShowOff Site09:00 - 18:00
- Barnstaple Grand PrixOff Site09:00 - 17:30
- Barnstaple Grand PrixSunday 19 May, featuring the unique lawn mower street races as well as the highly entertaining pedal car race.
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.