Not found what you're looking for?
If you can't find what you're looking for, maybe we can help?
What goes into an Apprenticeship Framework
The following shows how the various elements make up an Apprenticeship Framework. Each element is key to the Apprenticeship to ensure the Apprentice is fully competent in their industry with a rounded set of skills.
WORK BASED QUALIFICATION
The site based qualification is achieved through the training and assessment of the Apprentice's competence to carry out specific work related tasks. This is a Level 2 qualification and the Apprentice could progress to a Level 3 which is an Advanced Apprenticeship.
COLLEGE BASED QUALIFICATION
The qualification provides the theoretical knowledge and understanding which gives the Apprentice the underpinning knowledge of the industry in which they are working. This qualification is usually gained through guided learning and exams or assessments conducted in College.
These qualifications will help develop Communication, Application of Number and ICT skills. The level and combination undertaken depend on the individual and the vocational area being studied.
They help the Apprentice deal with the various demands of their job role and are transferable skills.
EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
It is important that the Apprentice can source help in solving employment issues and that they are aware of the political climate of their chosen occupation.
HEALTH & SAFETY
All Apprentices will learn about their responsibilities at work with regard to Health & Safety so that they are able to follow safe systems of work and adhere to policies & legislation in the workplace.
Have you seen?
- Students raise over £500 for Raise a Smile Week
- Petroc offers low-risk opportunities for innovative businesses in Tiverton
- Petroc – going the extra mile to support apprenticeships
- Prize giving evening recognises outstanding student achievements
- Barnstaple Grand PrixOff Site09:00 - 17:30
- Barnstaple Grand PrixSunday 19 May, featuring the unique lawn mower street races as well as the highly entertaining pedal car race.
- Discovering Degrees ExpoWe help hundreds of local people access affordable, quality degrees. Come along to find out what we can help you achiev.
- Part time coursesThe new summer courses are now available to enrol online. Summer guides also available to download: www.petroc.ac.uk/publications.