We recognise the risk posed by COVID-19 to our students and staff and have measures in place to minimise the risk of infection and the transmission of the virus. Should any Government guidance change with regards to life at college, we will notify parents and students accordingly.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
If you are a student and you, or anyone in your household, has symptoms of COVID-19, you must to report your absence through myPetroc and follow the guidance below.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BECOME UNWELL WITH COVID-19
Please read the information below and contact the college shoud you feel unwell.
- The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of a new continuous cough or a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
- If you develop these symptoms, however mild, or you have received a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, then you should immediately self-isolate and stay at home for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started. If you live with others, all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. See the stay at home guidance for further information.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should arrange a test by visiting NHS.UK, or by contacting 119 via telephone if you do not have internet access.
- If you are a student and become ill whilst at college, you should advise your tutor straight away.
- In the event of any suspected or confirmed Covid-19 cases at college, our Pandemic Advisory Group will be informed and those immediately affected will be advised of next steps.
- If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 10 days, then use the NHS 111 online service or call NHS 111.
VISITORS TO PETROC
All visitors to Petroc campuses must have a pre-booked appointment. Authorised visitors must report to reception on arrival and wear a face-covering at all times.
Any visitors to the college, including all clients of our commercial facilities (Hair & Beauty Salons, Restaurants and Gyms etc), will need to either download the Track and Trace app and click on the QR code for the area when they are entering the site OR fill in their full contact details securely in a visitor log.
FACE COVERINGS - LEARNERS
Learners must wear a face covering when indoors. You may remove your face covering when being taught at your desk/workstation, however if you need to get up from your desk - for whatever reason – you must put your face covering back on. Any individual who is exempt from wearing a face covering should wear one of our lanyards (available at reception at each campus), or an exemption badge (available from the Government website).
Following Government advice, should an outbreak of COVID-19 impact the college, the affected campus(es) will be closed and students will move to online learning. The college remains open at this time, but should this situation arise, we will update this webpage and communicate with all students and parents accordingly.
We understand that these times can be confusing and challenging and really appreciate your support and understanding whilst we work hard to keep students, staff and families safe.