Petroc recognises the risk posed by COVID-19 to students and staff and has measures in place to minimise the risk of infection and the transmission of the virus. Should any Government guidance change with regards to life at college, we will notify parents and students accordingly.
IMPORTANT EXAM ANNOUNCEMENT - 6 JANUARY, 10:00
We have today made the difficult decision to cancel all exams to keep our students and staff safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Apprentices will be contacted by the assessor/tutor as different arrangements may apply.
Students should not attend college for their exams. Please continue with remote learning.
We will continue to keep you updated with further information about exams as they emerge.
IMPORTANT UPDATE - 4 JANUARY 2021, 21:00
In line with the latest COVID restrictions, all Petroc campuses are now closed and all learning for all students has moved online. Please continue to engage with digital learning and attend your sessions in line with your timetable.
If you have a formal assessment scheduled this week these are still going ahead, unless you are advised otherwise. As soon as we have more information about other exams and assessment we will let you know.
We will continue to provide support if you are the child of a critical/key worker or are vulnerable, but please ensure that you have contacted the Safeguarding Team on 07971 673031 prior to coming on to campus to ensure that we have confirmed what provision will be available.
DIGITAL/REMOTE LEARNING FOR STUDENTS
Find out what to expect if you need to self-isolate or if a national lockdown requires you to remain at home.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU BECOME UNWELL WITH COVID-19
Please read the information below and contact the college should you feel unwell.
- The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are recent onset of a new continuous cough or a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia).
- If you develop these symptoms, however mild, or you have received a positive coronavirus (COVID-19) test result, then you should immediately self-isolate and stay at home for at least 10 days from when your symptoms started. If you live with others, all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 10 days. See the stay at home guidance for further information.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you should arrange a test by visiting NHS.UK, or by contacting 119 via telephone if you do not have internet access.
- If you are a student and become ill whilst at college, you should advise your tutor straight away.
- In the event of any suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases at college, our Pandemic Advisory Group will be informed and those immediately affected will be advised of next steps.
- If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 10 days, then use the NHS 111 online service or call NHS 111.
Petroc is committed to supporting students through these unsettling times.
If you need to speak to someone about how you are feeling, please speak to your tutor, or contact one of the organisations below, who will be able to help:
Ask for Jake
VISITORS TO PETROC
No visitors are permitted on to campus without prior consent.