The Hidden Talent in Devon project delivers a suite of activities that support the development of the higher level skills offer in the Heart of the South West (HotSW) LEP. Two key priority areas are:
- Improving participation for those least likely to engage in higher level skills
- Improving access and take up of higher level skills by individuals and businesses
The project is being delivered through a consortium of the region’s Higher Education and Further Education providers who will deliver complementary activities across a spectrum of skills levels, market specialisms and geographic reach. The project will deliver social and economic benefits and directly support LEP strategic priorities.
In The News
10 Petroc students have successfully completed the Bristol UWE Heading Higher Passport Plus (HHP) Scheme.
The scheme has been designed to help prepare learners for higher education and may increase the opportunity to gain entry to UWE Bristol. It provides support and guidance and has a number of additional benefits:
- HHP Plus degree applicants = 12 UCAS Tariff points (equivalent to C Grade AS Level)
- HHP Plus Foundation Year or Foundation Degree applicant = 6 UCAS Tariff points
Moya, Charlotte, Mahmuda and Tabby (Level 3 Health & Social Care students) have all completed the programme by attending Shaping Futures Academy Workshops and attending university campus tours.
Project Manager Paddy Weathers said: “We are really pleased with the students who have engaged in the scheme. It’s a great opportunity to combine the activities Shaping Futures offers and for the students to gain access to the additional benefits Bristol UWE offers as part of the programme.
We will be launching next year’s cohort in March and students can find out about eligibility here.
Upcoming Shaping Futures Academy Workshops:
- Shaping Futures - How can university get me a job? – Monday 28 January 2019 – 10.05-11.00am or 13.25-14.25pm
- Shaping Futures - How much could I earn after university? - Monday 4 February 2019 – 10.05-11.00am or 13.25-14.25pm
Book places and select event calendar.