Bricklaying & Plastering Skills
Starts 18th September 2019 - 10 weeks
Wednesday - 18:30 to 21:00
This introductory program of study is designed for people who want to improve their knowledge in bricklaying and plastering skills.
This course can be used for your own enjoyment and improvement of skills.
A practical hands-on course to help you tackle jobs around the home or as a pathway enabling career change or progression.
This course will cover:
- Understand different materials and bonds
- Hand, power tools and equipment used in bricklaying
- Demonstrate planning, organising and setting out a work area
- Build half brick and full brick walls, 900 return corners, and attached piers
- Build block walls with 900 return corners
- Build cavity walls including ties and damp proof course
- Demonstrate producing neat and tidy cuts to bricks
- Pointing and finishing
There is no formal assessment for this course.
You may wish to progress on to a Level 1 Diploma in Trowel, Level 1 Diploma in Plastering, Level 2 NVQ in Trowel or Plastering.
You will need to wear sturdy footwear and suitable clothing. All materials are included.
Please contact the Recreation Team on 01271 852356 for more information.