Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement - Level 3
North Devon Campus
Starts 1st August 2019 - One year
This qualification is designed to provide you with the understanding, knowledge and skills needed to assess both vocational and work-based competency qualifications.
Hands-on practical training and evidence submission.
This qualification comprises of three mandatory units (15 credits):
- Understand the principles and practices of assessment
- Be able to assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Be able to assess occupational competence in the work environment
You will be expected to undertake a range of assessments (in the range of environments) with live students as well as team standardisation meetings.
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
Learners must be aged 19+ and have technical competence in the area they wish to assess. They should also have access to students and appropriate units for evidence submission.
Learners will be able to progress to the following job roles:
- Assessor in the vocational education sector
- Assessor in the work based education sector
This qualification provides progression onto:
- Active IQ Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
- Active IQ Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
For more information about this course, please contact Marie Gould at email@example.com or our Advice and Guidance Centre on 01271 852422.