CMI - Diploma in Management and Leadership - Level 5 - Part-time (North Devon)
North Devon Campus
One year - Various entry points available
The Level 5 qualifications in Management and Leadership are designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their core management skills such as managing resources, recruitment and information management.
Students who successfully complete this course will also be awarded the CMI’s Foundation Chartered Manager (fCMgr status) - a professional status for those in the early stages of their management career. This means that not only will you be able to use the post-nominals of fCMgr, but will also receive a clear personal development road-map to support you on your journey to becoming a Chartered manager.
If you are over 19 you may be eligible for an adult loan.
The CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their key skills. A Diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
Typical units include:
- Principles of Operational Leadership and Management in an Organisational Context
- Principles of Developing, Managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
and Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
Assessment is carried out utilising CMI set assignments that are externally moderated. Presentations maybe used as formative assessment and for skill building.
Five GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above
On successful completion of a Level 5 qualification in Management and Leadership, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 5 Award to Level 5 Certificate etc.)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 5 Certificate to Level 6 or 7 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager
Please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre on 01271 852422 for more information.
Q: How do I find out if I am eligible for a loan?
A: Please contact our Advice & Guidance Centre on 01271 852422 to see if you qualify.