Entry to Employment - Level 1 - Full-time (North Devon)
North Devon Campus
This is a one-year full-time study programme for learners aged 16 to 18 years, who would like to develop personal, social and employment skills to move into work or further education.
The course offers personal and social development, vocational studies and enterprise skills alongside Maths and English, tutorial and enrichment.
Gain the experience and skills needed to make career choices.
The programme will help you to gain confidence and self esteem, improve your Maths and English, and decide what your next step in life will be. We will help you decide on a progression route and support you towards it.
- Personal and Social Development: develop your confidence and self-esteem by learning how to address and solve problems in everyday life.
- Vocational Skills: you will be introduced to a number of vocational areas including catering, art, public services, hospitality, customer
service and travel and tourism, amongst others.
- Work Experience: you will have the opportunity to undertake 30 hours of work experience in an area of your choice.
- Residential: most learners choose to go on residential; recently these have included Barcelona, London and Bristol and provide a chance to build confidence and gain new experiences.
- Enterprise Skills: you will learn about local and national businesses, how they were set up and how they will run. You will then learn the skills needed to set up your own real-life enterprise and start earning money as a team.
You will have ongoing continuous assessment, and Functional Skills and GCSE exams.
There are no formal entry requirements for this programme other than the desire to study and develop into someone who is ready for employment or further training. Applicants will need to attend all elements of the course and be part of a class. An informal interview is part of the process.
Natural progression from this course could be on to the Career Skills programme or other college courses. Equally, this course can lead to employment, traineeships or apprenticeships.
Certificates of qualifications already gained.
Pencil case with a supply of writing pens and coloured felt pens etc.
Learners can expect to pay between £100 - £200 for a residential or £20 - £50 for day trips.
Please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre on 01271 852422 for more information.