Introduction to Carpentry Skills
North Devon Campus
Starts 19th September 2019 - 10 weeks
Thursday - 18:30 to 21:00
This introductory program will give you the basic skills to undertake rewarding and enjoyable carpentry tasks around the home and enable you to gain an insight into professional practises.
A practical hands-on course to help you tackle jobs around the home or as a pathway enabling career change or progression.
This course will cover:
- Understand the hand and power tools used in carpentry & joinery
- Understand the different materials and why they are used
- First and second fixing
- Build a stud partition, leaving a door opening
- Install a door lining, hang a door and fit door furniture including fitting it a lock
- Fix architrave and skirting boards.
There is no formal assessment for this course.
Upon completion, you could take a Level 1 Diploma in Site / Bench Carpentry or an NVQ Level 2 in Carpentry and Joinery.
You will need to wear sturdy footwear and suitable clothing. All materials are included.
Please contact the Recreation Team on 01271 852356 for more information.