Technical Certificate in Business Enterprise - Oct start 2019 - Level 2 - Full-time (North Devon)
North Devon Campus
All businesses need enterprising employees to drive their organisations forward, to have ideas and initiatives to instigate growth, and to ensure that businesses survive in this fast-changing world.
People with enterprising skills can be a real asset to an organisation and these skills provide the basis for developing the entrepreneurial skills need to run an enterprise.
Opportunities for successful candidates to progress onto apprenticeship of full time Level 3 course, or gain full time employment. The work experience will provide a reference to enhance future opportunities. A Young Enterprise programme is also embedded.
This BTEC Technical Level 2 Business Enterprise course includes the following elements:
- Opportunity to resit/upgrade English and Maths GCSE/FS
- ICT Level 1 Functional Skills
- One day per week Work Experience Placement (fully support to secure)
- One day per week Real Working Environment - linked to Young Enterprise Programme
- Employer Mentor
There are four units that will need to be completed and assessed:
1. The Business Enterprise Environment - Externally Assessed
2. Researching a Concept for a New or Revised Product or Service - Internal Assessment by Course Work
3. Promoting and Financing an Enterprise Idea - Internal Assessment by Course Work
4. Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Idea - Practical Enterprise Challenged - Judged by industry experts
You will also undertake a English, Maths and ICT external exam.
There is also a requirement to carry out at least two days per week work experience/RWE
Enterprise skills provide a fantastic progression pathway into a number of roles in an organisation and are transferable into all businesses.
The qualification is for learners who want to start a career in business.
Upon completion, you could move on to a Level 3 T Level and/or Full time Programme, a Business Apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Our facilities include Library and Learning Resources. We also use Chromebooks in the classroom and offer Employer Mentors.
On your first day please bring a notebook, pens, and USB if possible.
You will need to buy a USB and provide money for printing.
For further information, please contact Marie Gould at email@example.com.