Technical Certificate in Business Enterprise - October start - Level 2 - Full-time (North Devon)
North Devon Campus
All businesses need enterprising employees to drive their organisations forward, to have ideas and initiatives to instigate growth, and to ensure that businesses survive in this fast-changing world.
People with enterprising skills can be a real asset to an organisation and these skills provide the basis for developing the entrepreneurial skills need to run an enterprise.
During this course you will cover the following:
- The Business Enterprise Environment
- Researching a Concept for a New or Revised Product or Service
- Promoting and Financing an Enterprise Idea
- Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Idea
This course include the following elements:
- Opportunity to resit/upgrade English and Maths GCSE/FS
- ICT Level 1 Functional Skills
- One day per week Work Experience Placement
- One day per week Real Working Environment - linked to Young Enterprise Programme
- Employer Mentor
The work experience undertaken will provide a reference to enhance future opportunities.
There are four units that will need to be completed and assessed:
1. The Business Enterprise Environment - Externally Assessed
2. Researching a Concept for a New or Revised Product or Service - Internal Assessment by Course Work
3. Promoting and Financing an Enterprise Idea - Internal Assessment by Course Work
4. Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Idea - Practical Enterprise Challenge - Judged by industry experts
You will also undertake a English, Maths and ICT external exam.
There is also a requirement to carry out at least two days per week work experience/RWE
Enterprise skills provide a fantastic progression pathway into a number of roles in an organisation and are transferable into all businesses.
Upon completion, you could move on to a Level 3 T-Level and/or Full-time Programme, a Business Apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Our facilities include Library and Learning Resources. We also use Chromebooks in the classroom and offer Employer Mentors.
On your first day please bring a notebook, pens, and USB if possible.
You will need to buy a USB and provide money for printing.
Please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre on 01271 852422 for more information.