On 6th and 7th November, Ofsted came to Petroc under the new Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
We are very proud to announce that as a result of this inspection, Petroc continues to be rated as a good provider.
We were particularly pleased with some of the comments highlighted in their report, which not only acknowledge the fantastic results that are achieved by our learners but also the quality of our provision.
- Learners and apprentices are overwhelmingly positive about the quality of education and training they receive
- Learners and apprentices benefit from a curriculum which is well designed, improves their subject knowledge and behaviours and develops new skills
- The curriculum at all levels enables learners to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours which match the needs of regional employers and the aspirations of learners
- Teachers are highly experienced in their subjects or industries
- Learners and apprentices produce high standards of work because of the teaching they receive and the high expectations of staff
- Managers ensure that learners receive good careers advice and guidance to help them choose relevant courses and decide their next steps after college
- Learners view staff as good role models for the chosen industry or academic studies
- Many learners go on to subject-related university courses, employment or apprenticeships.
- A high proportion of learners achieve their qualifications, particularly at Level 3
It was also reassuring that in relation to the learning experience it was specifically highlighted that:
- Learners enjoy their learning and life at college
- Learners and apprentices appreciate the respect with which they are treated by staff and each other.
- They feel safe at college and in their work placements
However, the work does not end here for Petroc. Whilst remaining good at this inspection was incredibly important, our focus is on moving forward to outstanding across all our provision, from entry level to bachelor degree level.
You can view the full report at https://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/provider/31/130646