RGB Building Supplies has selected Petroc Supported Learning as a finalist in its Well Built Community Fund and it’s now down to a public vote to see if it’s chosen to receive £1,000 to spend at RGB’s Barnstaple branch to update its kitchen area.
Petroc Supported Learning works with young people with additional needs. Currently it has 223 students who enjoy a variety of programmes which develop skills to support a more independent life, and many progress into employment and voluntary positions in the local area.
The department has a kitchen which students use to improve skills but, due to its age, it’s in desperate need of refurbishment. If voted as the Community Fund winner, Petroc Supported Learning will use the donation to renovate the space.
Petroc Supported Learning is up against Cadeleigh Village Hall and Wellington Community Centre.
Lee Kift, Branch Manager at RGB Barnstaple, commented:
“Our Well Built Community Fund continues to prove extremely popular and once again we were inundated with nominations from schools, community groups, projects and charities from the region, so congratulations to Petroc Support Learning for being chosen as a finalist. As its local branch, we’re encouraging people in the area to get involved and vote.”
Votes can be cast by visiting RGB’s Barnstaple branch during opening hours and placing a chip in the relevant box, by voting in the poll that will be at the top of RGB’s Facebook page, or by emailing RGB@pmwcom.co.uk and putting the name of the group being voted for in the subject line.
The vote will take place between Monday 18th November and 8am on Monday 2nd December. Votes cast outside these dates will not be counted. Only one vote per person via one method of voting will be counted.
The winner of the £1,000 to spend will be the group that receives the most votes.
Terms and Conditions can be viewed by visiting RGB’s website - www.rgbltd.co.uk.
Terms & Conditions: [for upload to RGB website]
- Voting will take place between Monday 18th November and 8am on Monday 2nd December 2019. Any votes cast outside these dates will not be counted.
- The recipient of the £1,000 to spend at an RGB branch will be the group that receives the highest number of votes.
- Any votes deemed false will not be counted.
- The winning group will be required to take part in a photocall with an RGB representative. The photo will be distributed to the media and uploaded to RGB's website and social media platforms.
- RGB Building Supplies reserves the right to award the prize to a runner-up if contact is not received from the voted winner after 10 days.
- The winner is required to be involved in a follow up photocall showing how the building materials were used.
- The prize does not have a cash alternative.