Below is some information for students who are looking to start at Petroc in September:
- If you have already applied and accepted a place with us in September 2020, there's nothing more we need you to do. You have a place on your chosen course and we will be in touch over the next few months.
- If you have already applied but have not yet been interviewed, you will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview. If you were unable to make your allocated telephone appointment, we will email you to try and re-arrange.
- If you are aged 16-18 and your application has been accepted, get a head start, engage with your course and begin your college experience now by accessing Petroc Pace and Pace+
Once you have completed your course application with Petroc, you will be automatically eligible to access our fantastic new online learning platform, Petroc Pace. Petroc Pace contains personalised learning content for individual students, so that your education continues at a pace that is right for you, helping to ensure you are ready for your next steps. It includes a range of topics including English, Maths and Science and aims to ensure that no learner is left behind. Find out how to access Petroc Pace at https://www.petroc.ac.uk/petroc-pace.
Petroc Pace+ will give you a taste of what your course will be like when you start with us in September. You can explore our fantastic range of vocational courses, discover our A-level programmes and learn what it's like to study an Apprenticeship.
It will give you the opportunity to meet your teaching team, learn about different careers in your chosen subject area and have the opportunity to complete online tasks and activities that will help you get ready for September. You can also tour the campus with our virtual tours, explore the different academies you can join and find out what you life is like outside the classroom at Petroc. Take a look at https://sites.google.com/petroc.ac.uk/paceplus.
- If you have not yet applied:
- If you know what you want to study, then you can apply as normal through the website.
- If you are in Year 11 and need any support with your application you can work through our Application Session which will help guide you through your options, as well as supporting you to complete an application.
- If you are in Year 11 and are struggling to decide which course is right for you, take a look at our Online Choices Tool to provide you with useful information about your educational and career options which will help you make the right decisions for your future.
- If you want to speak to someone about careers advice or course selection, our Advice & Guidance Centre is available during usual office hours. Their phone number is 01271 852422 or you can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a parent and you want to help your child with choosing a course, or want to know what the next steps are after they have applied for a course, why not sign up to one of our FREE webinars.