Foundation Degrees

You can now apply for a full time or part time Foundation Degree online via our website by clicking on 'Apply Now' on the course page.

Please note that if you are applying for a number of universities of which Petroc is one choice, you will need instead to apply through UCAS. 


If you need more information or have a problem, there are plenty of people to turn to for help and guidance. Our tutor to student ratio is particularly high by undergraduate standards. We also have a team of professionals, offering advice on fees, grants, childcare, transport and other issues.

Please let us know if you have a medical condition, disability or learning difficulty, so that we can make sure you get the appropriate support. In some cases, you may be eligible for the Disabled Students Allowance.

Returning to Learning

Petroc has a long tradition of admitting students who are returning to study, and for this reason we do not set an upper age limit. We welcome the admission of non-traditional learners to the HE community and the diverse range of skills and experiences that you bring with you. Please contact the Higher Education Office, an interview will be required.

If you are a mature applicant who has completed some qualifications and can show the right level of skill or if you have not studied A Levels but possess a wealth of experience in your chosen field, you may benefit from studying on an Access to HE programme.

Access Courses

Access is for learners who wish to take a university level course, but lack the normal entrance requirements for HE. The courses are recognised by universities and other HE institutions as an alternative to standard A Level entry. The courses provide a broad programme of study that includes core modules and more specialist modules that will enable you to progress.

For further information on Access courses, please call the Admissions and Enrolments team on 01271 852444

Disabled Students Allowance (DSA)

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:

  • Disability
  • Long-term health condition
  • Mental health condition
  • Specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia/dyspraxia

The support you get depends on your individual needs. Details of the information, process and the forms necessary are available at:

The application can take as long as 14 weeks to complete, so it is essential to start the process as soon as possible.  We are here to support you through each stage, from filling in the forms to discussing any issues or concerns you may have. We feel very strongly that it is important that you have the best possible start to your Degree studies. 

If you are unsure whether you can apply for DSA or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.

Useful contacts:

  • Additional Learning Support - Help with learning and medical needs
    • Drop in service: Room A38
    • call the team on: 01271 852404
    • or email the team at:
  • Guidance Centre - General enquiries

For further information on any of the courses on the website or any help with applying, please contact our HE administration team on 01271 852335 or email