Agriculture, Environment & Animal Care T Level
T Levels ensure you meet the needs of industry by combining classroom theory, practical learning and industry placement.
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their skills in animal care.
During the course, you will study the following units:
– The principles of biosecurity
– Ethical principles
– Supply chain and stock management
– Business and enterprise skills
– Customer care
– Health and safety
You will study the occupational specialism of Animal Care and Management in your second year.
You will also undertake a 315-hour (minimum) industry placement.
You will be assessed through written work and practical assessments.
To be accepted onto this Level 3 programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English Language.
You will also be expected to have at least one pass in a science subject.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to work within animal care settings (such as conservation organisations, kennels and catteries, animal charities and animal training) or progress onto a university-level course.
Facilities and resources
You will study within our new £1.1m Animal Centre that is opening in 2024.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.