Award in Construction Multi-Trades
This Construction Multi-Trades qualification provides an ideal introduction to the construction industry.
The qualification covers the following practical areas:
– Painting and decorating
All aspects of the programme will be studied through both classroom-based theory sessions and practical-based workshop sessions.
You will also study maths and English if a GCSE at grade C or above has not previously been achieved in these subjects.
The course is all practical based, where you will gain credits through assessment.
On completion of this Diploma, you may progress to a Level 1 qualification in a relevant trade, an apprenticeship or another course within the trowel trades field, in order to specialise further.
Q: Is there any equipment needed to participate on this course?
A: Safety clothing including boots and overalls need to be purchased by the student. Students are also required to provide their own stationery and textbooks, a full equipment list will be provided at interview.
Q: Are there any costs for this course?
A: Students are asked to pay a contribution towards materials and learning resources used in workshops and classrooms. There may also be trips throughout the year which may incur a cost.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.