Award In The Internal Quality Assurance Of Assessment Processes Level 4 – Y1 (NCFE)
This qualification is intended for those who maintain the quality of assessment from within an organisation or assessment centre. The objective of this qualification is to assess the performance of a learning and development practitioner with responsibility for the internal quality assurance of assessment. Awarding Bodies require this qualification if you are responsible for quality and internal verification processes.
This qualification comprises two mandatory units:
– Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
– Internally assure the quality of assessment
Successful achievement of both units must be achieved for the full qualification.
There will be specific requirements regarding the range of assessors.
Assessment is by portfolio and observation – theory and work-based evidence.
You must hold one of the following qualifications or their recognised equivalent:
– Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
– Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.
– Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
You must also:
– Show current evidence of continuing professional development in assessment and quality assurance.
– Have up-to-date working knowledge and experience of best practice in assessment and quality assurance.
– Have access to internally verify current assessment practice with a range of appropriate assessors
Upon successful completion, you will be able to undertake quality and internal verification processes.
Q: Is there any funding available to help pay for my course?
A: Many of our courses are free to attend (subject to eligibility). We will carry out a fee assessment when you enrolment to establish if you meet this criteria.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.