Building Services Engineering for Construction T Level
T Levels combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 45-day industry placement with an employer to make sure you have real experience of the workplace. The Technical Qualification (TQ) is the main classroom-based element of the T Level and will see you learn from a curriculum that has been shaped by industry experts. T Level courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content will meet the needs of industry and prepare you for work. They provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door to highly skilled employment, an apprenticeship or higher-level study, including university.
During the two-year programme, you will learn the core knowledge that underpins each industry and you will also develop occupationally-specific skills that will allow you to enter skilled employment within a specific occupation.
Units you will study include:
– Health and safety
– Making accurate and appropriate measurements
– Construction methods and design principles
– Building regulation standards
– Relationship management
– Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
– Sustainability in construction
There are two Occupational Specialisms you can follow: Electrotechnical Engineering and Plumbing & Heating Engineering
You will take a combination of exams and written based assignments and practical tasks as part of this qualification.
To be accepted onto this T Level programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above. This must include grade 5 in English and Maths.
Achieving this Technical Qualification will give you an advantage when applying for a job in construction in your chosen occupational specialism or when progressing to further study in construction.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.