This study programme offers a range of qualifications to help you decide on the right job or career path.
The programme is designed to combine functional skills in Maths and English into a certificate in vocational studies. It will help you decide on your way forward, and provide work skills to help you better understand the world of work. You will have the opportunity to enrol in GCSE Citizenship and undertake work experience.
Vocational units will include:
– Creating a website
– Investigating a crime scene
– Carrying out a scientific experiment
– Caring for and feeding animals
You will also undertake work experience for a minimum of 30 hours.
You will have ongoing continuous assessment and Functional Skills or GCSE Maths exams. The Core qualification will be assessed by coursework. Assignment briefs will be set and you will work independently to complete the work, however, there is a supportive culture within the course and support is always on hand to assist all learners.
For all learners joining Entry Level Study Programmes, there are no formal entry requirements, however you will have a one-to-one interview to discuss your personal learning needs. You will also be required to study English and Maths at an appropriate level to suit your ability.
Successful completion of this course can lead to the Academic Progression Programme, further courses, apprenticeships or employment.
Facilities and resources
The course is situated in its own area within the campus where you will benefit from your own base room and communal space.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.