CCN1 – Core Domestic Gas Safety
This course will provide operatives with knowledge and skills relating to the installation, exchange, removal and commissioning of gas meters.
These qualifications last for five years and must be renewed to be able to legally work as a Gas Engineer.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Gas safety legislation and standards.
– Gas emergency actions and procedures.
– Products and characteristics of combustion
– Installation of pipework and fittings.
– Tightness testing and purging.
– Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
– Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels.
– Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves.
– Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates.
– Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls.
– Chimney Standards.
– Chimney inspection and testing.
– Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys.
– Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances.
– Inspect, test, commission and maintain gas appliances
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £330
Assessments consist of a combination of practical and theory examinations. Gas Safe register will be notified of all certification results.
Initial: The Initial CCN1 qualification and appliances course is for gas installers whose existing CCN1 has lapsed by more than 12 months or for candidates who are new to the industry and have undertaken an approved prior learning programme such as the MLP Gas Foundation Course.
Re-assessment: To undertake re-assessment, operatives must complete the course no more than 12 months after the expiry date of their existing CCN1 qualification. The CCN1 re-assessment can be completed up to six months before this expiry date.
This study programme will enable you to progress within the plumbing and heating industry.
Facilities and resources
Training takes place in our Gas Training Workshop which has several fully equipped bays, designed to assess you and aid in developing your knowledge and understanding of this industry.
Q: Is there parking on site?
A: Pay and display parking is available in the car park adjacent to the workshop. There is a charge of £1.20 for the full day.
Q: What is the start date for this course?
A: There are flexible start dates available. Please contact us for further information.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.