Certificate In Engineering Operations (Knowledge) Manufacture ETT
This course is designed for anyone who is in employment in an apprenticeship role and the units covered range from an introduction to work through ERR to Health and Safety and multi-engineering disciplines.
During this apprenticeship, you will be required to learn the following knowledge, skills and behaviours:
– Specific machinery, equipment and tooling required for the materials, processing or finishing operation.
– Different materials, processing or finishing techniques.
– Specific quality specifications for materials, processing or finishing operations.
– Plan the materials, processing or finishing operation before they start.
– Prepare equipment, tooling, materials, etc. and complete set up activities before carrying out the materials, processing or finishing operation.
– Carry out the material, processing or finishing operation in line with specific safe working practices and specification requirements.
– Carry out quality checks during and after the materials, processing or finishing operation.
– Manufacturing and Engineering organisations require their apprentices to have a set of behaviours that will ensure success both in their role and in the overall company objectives.
– Personal responsibility and resilience.
– Work effectively in teams.
– Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
– Focus on quality and problem solving.
– Continuous personal development.
Our pass rates are high compared with national benchmarks, with 100% of completing students achieving a Pass or above.
Please use this application if you are coming to college through the Group Training Development route.
A range of assessment methods are used throughout the framework which varies from online tests, assignments, practical tasks and observations.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), preferably including GCSE Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English you will continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 2 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills before progressing to your next level course
You will need four GCSEs at grade D or equivalent or above to include maths and English. You must have secured employment in order to start this programme and have a good basic education. Some employers will ask for GCSEs in English and maths at grade C or above. Enthusiasm for your subject and a willingness to work hard are essential.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could further develop your knowledge through a higher level apprenticeship.
Facilities and resources
As an apprentice, you will have full access to the college facilities.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.