Digital Marketer – Apprenticeship (Standard)
The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions and will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
During this apprenticeship, you will be required to learn the following knowledge, skills and behaviours:
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING:
– Understand the principles of coding
– Understand and Apply basic marketing principles
– Understand and apply the customer lifecycle
– Understand the role of customer relationship marketing
– Understand how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and deliver accordingly
– Understand the main components of Digital and Social Media Strategies
– Understand the principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, email marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click and how these can work together
– Understand the similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
– Understand and respond to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and c-c customer needs
– Understand and follow digital etiquette
– Understand how digital platforms integrate into the working environment
– Understand and follow the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
UNDERPINNING SKILLS, ATTITUDES AND BEHAVIOURS
– Logical and creative thinking skills
– Analytical and problem solving skills
– Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
– Can use own initiative
– A thorough and organised approach
– Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
– Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
– Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
You will be required to complete an end-point assessment.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A-levels, a Level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could further develop your knowledge through a higher level apprenticeship. This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration. Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
Facilities and resources
As an apprentice, you will have full access to the college facilities.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.