Diploma in Advanced Barbering
This Advanced Barbering qualification has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills to an advanced level through a variety of techniques, which include creatively cutting men’s hair and the intricate specialist work of cutting facial hair and wet shaving.
You will study units that will include:
– Health and Safety
– Client Consultation
– Cut Men’s hair to create a variety of looks
– Cut Facial hair to create a variety of looks
– Provide Shaving and Face Massage Services.
Towards the end of the year, and depending on your progress, you will also have the opportunity to attend several UK shows and events, as well as enter a national competition.
Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of monitoring health and safety whilst working in the barbering industry.
Assessments are in the form of practical observations and written exams.
You will need to have completed a full Level 2 in Barbering or have relevant industry experience. You also need maths and English GCSE at grade D or above, or be willing to work towards achieving these grades (16-18yrs only).
Upon successful completion of the Level 2 programme, you may wish to further continue your studies or move into full-time employment.
Facilities and resources
The Lifestyle Centre is home to our state-of-the-art nail bar, hair salon, barbershop, beauty salon, tanning room, spa room (including sauna, steam room and hot tub), make-up room and both hair and beauty training salons.
Q: When does the course start?
A: The course will start in September. You must enrol and purchase your kit and uniform before your first evening.
Q: Where will my course take place?
A: Your course will take place in The Lifestyle Centre at the North Devon campus.
Q: Where do I find out information regarding Course Fees and possible Bursary availability?
A: Please contact the Advice & Guidance Centre.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.