Diploma in Electrical Installation – Level 3 – Full-time (North Devon)
This qualification will enable you to acquire advanced underpinning knowledge and related skills of electrical installation and is the natural progression from the Level 2 course.
Mandatory units include:
– Electrical installation design
– Environmental technology systems
– Electrical science and principles
– Electrical installation craft
– Inspection, testing, commissioning
– Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
You will undertake a variety of assessments and tests throughout the course.
To be accepted onto a Level 3 programme, you must hold at least four GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English language.
A Level 2 qualification in electrical installations is required and maths and English, preferably at GCSE Grade 4 or equivalent, is recommended.
This course facilitates a progression to an NVQ which is required to be recognised as an electrician in the industry.
Facilities and resources
We provide students with high-quality electrical workshops.
Q: Do I need to have employment in the industry?
A: This course does not require occupational evidence from the workplace, so is suitable for learners who currently do not work within the electrical industry. However, we advise that you look for employment or work experience placements, as it will be required for progression to NVQ which you will need to enable you to become an industry recognised electrician.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.