Diploma in Installing Electronic Systems & Equipment (NVQ only)
This course is aimed at anyone who has completed a Level 3 diploma and now has the opportunity to complete the NVQ part of the qualification. You will need to have access to the working environment to meet the NVQ requirements.
This course facilitates completion of NVQ which is required to be recognised as an electrician in the industry.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Applying health and safety legislation and working practices (installing and maintaining electrotechnical systems and equipment).
– Applying environmental legislation, working practices and the principles of environmental technology systems.
– Overseeing and organising the work environment (electrical installation).
– Planning, preparing and installing wiring systems and associated equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
– Terminating and connecting conductors, cables and flexible cords in electrical systems.
– Inspecting, testing, commissioning and certifying electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
– Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
You will need to complete work-based assessments based on each of the units listed above. A trained and skilled assessor will visit you in the workplace to monitor your progress and to assess your skills and knowledge.
You must have a Level 3 Electrical qualification (EAL9331) or equivalent and have to have access to the working environment to meet the NVQ requirements.
Upon completion of this course, you can become a qualified electrician.
Q: Do I need to have an employer in order to undertake this course?
A: No, but you do need someone that will provide you with the opportunities to meet the performance requirements.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.