Diploma in Nail Technology
If you’re ready to learn the more sophisticated techniques and skills of the nail industry and have a determination to succeed, then this internationally recognised qualification is for you.
During this course, you will learn three systems of nail enhancements; acrylic, gel and fibreglass. In addition, you will gain skills in basic nail art, advanced nail art, electric nail filing, airbrushing, sculpting, client care and consultation, along with all the relevant health and safety and anatomy and physiology.
The modules covered include:
– How to promote and sell services to clients and how to enhance and maintain nails using light-cured gel, including hard gels.
– How to mix and understand the chemistry of nail products.
– How to apply nail art in a professional manner.
– The theoretical aspects of anatomy and physiology for hands and feet.
You will be assessed on your theory and practical work to enable you to reach professional standards including assignments and online multiple-choice exams. Study outside of your college days is encouraged.
This course is available for learners aged 17+ with English skills that will enable you to study on a level 3 programme (including online tests and complete assignments) plus a real interest and desire to become a fantastic nail technician.
Upon successful completion of this course, you can enter into employment in the beauty or nail technology industry in a variety of posts including beauty or nail salons, cruise liners, media or photographic work, teaching and assessing, or as a mobile technician.
Facilities and resources
You will be able to train in our fabulous, purpose-built Nail Bar situated on the first floor with large windows allowing in fantastic light to enhance your work whilst overlooking the campus.
Q: Are there any additional costs?
A: Yes, you will be expected to wear a uniform for approximately £20 and purchase a nail kit costing approximately £300, however you may be entitled to a bursary to support you with your purchase and this can be discussed at your interview or by ringing the number below
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.