Diploma in Painting & Decorating
Following on from the Level 1 Diploma, this course is designed to build on knowledge and practical skills to prepare you for a career in the industry.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Apply paint systems by brush and roller
– Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
– Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
– Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
– Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
– Knowledge of construction technology
– Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
– Prepare surfaces for decoration
– Produce specialist decorative finishes
You will undergo progressive theoretical and practical assessments on the completion of the elements in each unit. You will also have to produce a portfolio of evidence.
A Level 1 qualification in Painting and Decorating or substantial industry experience is required.
You will be able to use this qualification to help you obtain employment and then progress to an NVQ Level 2 in Painting and Decorating, dependent on relevant work experience.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.