Diploma in Site Carpentry – Level 3 – Full Time (North Devon)
If you have completed a Level 2 carpentry course, and are working towards a career as a tradesperson working with wood in the construction industry, this qualification is ideal for enhancing and specialising your skills and knowledge of site carpentry. You will learn about the industry including the principles of constructing buildings, and about the types of information used in building design and construction.
During the course you will learn:
– Health, safety and environmental issues faced on construction sites
– How to communicate with others on the job
– Planning, organising and pricing work
You will also learn practical skills specific to specialist site carpentry, including:
– Carrying out second fixing operations
– Carrying out second fixing double doors and mouldings
– Setting up and using fixed and transportable machinery
You will also be required to undertake work experience.
You will be assessed on your practical skills and knowledge throughout the year.
To be accepted onto a Level 3 programme, you must hold at least four GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English language.
You will require a carpentry qualification at Level 2 or relevant trade experience. It is also essential that you have good maths and English skills, preferably at GCSE grade C or above.
Following this qualification you can progress to the Level 4 HNC in Construction, if you are interested in construction management.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.