Diploma in Wood Occupations – Site Carpentry
This Wood Occupations study programme will help you learn, develop and hone the skills needed to practise carpentry on a construction site.
You will study a range of units which include:
– Health and safety
– Knowledge of information
– Building methods
You will also study the main Site Carpentry units which include:
– First and Second Fix
– Carpentry Maintenance
– Use of Circular Saws
All units are covered in theory and practical sessions.
Your study programme will also include tutorial, work experience and Maths and English if a GCSE at grade 5/4 has not been achieved.
There will be a set of tests on our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for each unit and a final synoptic practical assignment.
You must have successfully completed the Level 1 Construction Multi-trades Diploma, or another relevant construction related course.
With this qualification under your belt, you can advance to an apprenticeship. You could also undertake a Level 3 Diploma in Architecture and Surveying or progress to Higher Education on our HNC in Construction.
Facilities and resources
Theory sessions will be taught in fully-equipped classrooms with smart boards and other teaching and learning devices. Workshops will be used to deliver practical training.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.