Explore the Principles of Healthy Eating (CPD)
This course will give you the knowledge you need to understand a wide variety of health issues and consider the key aspects of healthy eating when you are preparing meals for yourself and other people. You will become more aware of your own diet and the methods you can use to ensure you manage a healthy diet. You will consider different aspects of food, such as flavour, texture and colour, and studying this course will change the way you plan your food and think about your diet. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Diet and health: In this section, you will understand the meaning of the terms diet, what a healthy diet looks like and how to enjoy and maintain a balanced diet. This section covers topics such as energy and its sources, lifestyle, obesity and the positives and negatives of salts.
– Components of a healthy diet: In this section, you will identify different food groups, better understand a balanced diet and gain a range of information relating to how best to keep your body healthy.
– Nutrients and their role in maintaining health: In this section, you will identify the importance of nutrients, fluids and fibre and understand their pivotal role in maintaining good health and well-being.
– Healthy food preparation: In this section, you will cover the key concepts of food preparation and understand what is essential to consider when planning a meal for both yourself and other people.
– Food safety awareness: This section will introduce you to food safety and will help you understand about personal hygiene, cleaning and contamination.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study the following courses: Food Safety Principles, Health and Safety, Principles of Weight Management.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.