Extended Diploma In Music Performance & Production
Are you a music enthusiast looking to take your passion to the next level?
This UAL Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production is designed just for you.
Here’s what you can expect to gain from this comprehensive course:
– Rehearsal skills and techniques for live performances
– Advanced skills like solo performance, live sound and sound design
– Music theory and composition skills for creating original music
– Music production skills for recording and sequencing using Apple’s Logic Pro
– Critical listening skills to analyse and evaluate a range of musical styles and genres
– Practical methods and skills for creative production
Developed with representatives from universities, further education colleges, sixth-form colleges, and employers, this course ensures that you gain the skills, knowledge, and understanding needed to progress to the next level of education and training.
With a strong foundation in the practical skills necessary to become a successful musician or sound engineer, you’ll be well-equipped to pursue a career in the music industry and make your mark.
There is no requirement to sit an exam as part of this qualification. Your coursework will be assessed via a combination of both practical work and written essays.
To be accepted onto this Level 3 programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English Language.
The qualification carries UCAS points equivalent to three A Levels. Upon successful completion, you can follow a number of progression pathways such as university, or moving into employment as a session musician, sound engineer or composer.
Q: What is the duration of the UAL Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production?
A: Two Years
Q: What equipment will I need to participate in this course effectively?
A: You will just need headphones and USB Storage
Q: Are there any additional costs besides tuition fees that I should be aware of?
A: Yes, a studio fee of £100 is required to cover the costs of course resources over the two-year programme. This can be paid in instalments.
Q: Will I have opportunities to perform or showcase my work during the course?
A: Yes, regular performances will be implemented as part of your assessments.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.