Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts
This new Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts will give you a sound understanding of all related disciplines, including acting, dance, musical theatre and production.
During your time on the course, you will build your performing skills through taught classes and through creating and performing work in various venues.
During the course you will study the following topics:
– Various dance styles
– Audition skills
– Acting skills
– Production work
There is no requirement to sit an exam as part of this qualification. Your coursework will be assessed via a combination of practical work, performance and written essays.
To be accepted onto this Level 3 programme, you must hold at least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including GCSE Maths and English Language.
This course is a perfect place to start your journey into a career in the performing arts whether that’s progression to higher education or straight into the industry.
Facilities and resources
Students will spend much of their time in The Nexus – our specialist performance zone – which includes a stage, three dressing rooms, a lighting rig and sound system, four rehearsal booths, Protools recording studio, and three 4K cameras connected to a live streaming controller and recorder.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.