Hairdressing – Advanced Apprenticeship (Standard)
Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven specialists who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required. These highly skilled and experienced professionals deliver hair fashion-forward trends; innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
The work environment can vary in size, style and ambiance, from a bespoke salon, the media industry, cruise ships, product houses and manufacturers to luxury high-end hair salons.
During this apprenticeship, you will be required to learn the following knowledge, skills and behaviours:
– Demonstrate professionalism by maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
– Research fashion-forward trends, using the results to create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyle looks that reflects their own individuality.
– Analyse the factors that influence the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks, including the target audience.
– Design a range of looks to create a fashion-forward collection of hairstyle looks.
– Maintain effective and safe methods of working.
– Use and adapt a range of sectioning and cutting guidelines, creative and precision techniques and technical skills to create and enhance the collection of hairstyle looks.
– Carry out precision and personalised cutting tailored to individual client characteristics.
– Formulate imaginative creative advanced colour conversion services to change the depth and tone of the hair.
– Use a range of creative finishing and dressing techniques, advanced creative colouring techniques to enhance the collection of hairstyle looks.
– Present, showcase and promote your skills through your collection of hairstyle looks via a variety of media types and platforms.
– Provide a smoothing strengthening service to clients.
– Carry out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the hair.
– Use and apply products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers’ instructions and salon policy.
– Provide advice on future services and products.
– Evaluate the results of the service to improve further practice.
You will be required to undertake an end-point assessment.
You must be employed in the relevant industry. You will need to have completed your full Level 2 Hairdressing qualification and have a minimum of three days employed work in a salon.
Upon completion of this apprenticeship, you could further develop your knowledge through a higher level apprenticeship.
Facilities and resources
As an apprentice, you will have full access to the college facilities including the IT suite and Library. You will work in one of our commercial salons during your practical training and assessment.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.