The Internship Plus+ Programme offers a personalised, supported pathway into employment for students with higher-level qualifications, who have an EHCP and the desire to gain paid employment, but may find entering the workplace challenging.
This flexible study programme includes:
– Vocational profiling to identify your skills and qualities
– Carefully matched work placements with local employers
– On-the-job training with expert job coaches
– Employability skills supporting soft skills in the workplace
– Vocational qualification where relevant
A work placement will be sought to meet your skills, qualities and aspirations. We will also take into consideration locality and ability to travel when sourcing an appropriate placement.
During tutorial sessions, we will also work together looking at moving on from the college environment and the skills and strategies that may be required to make this a smooth transition.
There will be ongoing assessment through internship diaries, employer feedback, tutor observation and employability skills modules undertaken in college.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), preferably including GCSE Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English you will continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 2 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills before progressing to your next level course
You will require an EHCP. You will also need to have completed a work experience placement.
The ultimate aim for the Internship Plus+ Programme is to gain paid employment. If paid employment is not gained on completion, we will work with you prior to the ending of your course and also signpost to local providers to continue supporting into employment. You may also decide to go on to an apprenticeship.
Facilities and resources
You will have access to The Pod – a supported base room where you can spend unstructured time as well as a place to work on coursework.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.