Introduction to First Aid – Zone Four (CPD)
This course aims to provide you with the knowledge you need to understand the key areas of first aid. The course will enable you to increase the safety of yourself and others in the workplace and in other everyday environments. This is a great course for anyone who is interested in first aid, as it will provide you with crucial skills that apply to all aspects of work and everyday life. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Head Injuries: This section explains what a head injury entails, the signs and symptoms of a minor head injury, the signs and symptoms of a serious head injury, and the appropriate treatment for head injuries.
– Severe Allergic Reaction: In this section, you will learn what an allergic reaction is, what a severe allergic reaction is, the signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction, and how to treat an individual for an allergic reaction.
– Strokes: This section covers the different types of strokes, the causes of strokes, how to treat a casualty suffering from a stroke and the appropriate first aid response for a stroke.
– Unconscious casualty: In this section, you will look at what unconsciousness is, how to check if an individual is breathing, how to open someone’s airway, how to place someone in the recovery position, and the importance of the recovery position.
– Resuscitation: This section covers CPR, how to carry out CPR, how to carry out hands only CPR and the importance of carrying out CPR correctly. You will also learn how to carry out CPR for children of different ages, and will gain an understanding of the legal protection for first-aiders.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study the Introduction to First Aid Zones 1, 2 and 3.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.