ISO 27001 Awareness
Businesses with ISO 27001 certification enjoy greater security for the organisation and its clients, and competitive advantages with access to ISO 27001-specific tenders. You will learn how to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and benefit from ISO 27001 certification with our fast-paced instructor-led classroom training.
By completing this course you will be able to understand the ISO 27001 standard; describe implementation processes, including Plan Do Check Act and the ISO process approach; and understand the structure of ISO 27001, including the evidence required to demonstrate compliance.
During the course you will complete the following modules:
– Introduction: Understand the foundation of the standard, including how it is defined, its origins and an overview of its purpose.
– Benefits: Learn the benefits of ISO 27001 certification and how these are achieved via an ISMS within your organisation. Our instructors explore benefits such as reducing security incidents, lowering costs involved in correction, shorter second-party security audits and greater security awareness and buy-in across all levels of an organisation.
– Implementation: Our learning provides a foundation for implementing an ISMS and achieving ISO 27001 certification, with modules covering threat actors, attack data and Plan Do Check Act.
– Security Clauses: Gain an understanding of the main ISO Security Clauses that form the requirements of an ISMS, including context, leadership, planning, support, operation, performance and improvement.
– Tools and techniques: Explore useful management and process tools supporting ISMS development, such as PESTLE analysis, processes and policies.
The course will run on the following dates:
18 January 2022
27 April 2022
Apply for this course
There are no assessments for this course.
No previous or specialist knowledge is required to attend our classroom learning days. Our friendly, expert ISO instructors explain concepts in plain English, helping you gain an actionable understanding of ISO 27001 certification and the steps required to implement an ISMS.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to undertake the ISO Internal Auditor Course.
Facilities and resources
Our full-day ISO 9001 training course is a classroom-based learning approach led by UKAS accredited ISO practitioners.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.