This Plastering course has been designed to provide basic plastering skills and is ideal for those with no prior experience who are considering a career in the construction industry. The qualification is designed to provide an introduction to plastering crafts.
All aspects of the course will be studied through both classroom-based theory sessions and practical-based workshop sessions.
– Health and safety
– Principles of building construction
– Internal and external plastering
– Floor screeding and fibrous
– Information and communication
– How to apply plaster materials to internal backgrounds.
As part of this study programme you will undertake maths and English (if you have not achieved a Grade 4 GCSE in these subjects), work experience, enrichment and tutorial.
All units will be assessed for knowledge and practical skills.
You will be assessed on both theory and practical skills.
You must hold four GCSEs at grade 2 or equivalent (or above), preferably including Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English, you’ll continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 1 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills (where applicable) before progressing on to your next course.
The course can lead to employment, an apprenticeship, or progression to a Level 2 Diploma in Plastering.
Q: Do I need any equipment?
A: Students are required to purchase their own safety boots, access to workshops is not permitted without them. Students are also required to provide their own stationery and textbooks. Equipment can be discussed fully at interview and a kit list will be sent out prior to the start of the course.
Q: Are there any costs for this course?
A: Students are asked to pay a contribution towards educational visits. This will be explained at interview.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.