Primary Subject Leadership – Apprenticeship (Standard) – TARKA
The Primary Subject Leadership Apprenticeship is designed to develop the skills needed to move from classroom teaching into subject leadership (primary) roles.
The key areas covered within the apprenticeship include:
– Equip you with a comprehensive understanding of practical subject leadership approaches linked to your own classroom and leadership
– Understand key elements of curriculum design including intent and implementation
– Interweave progression statements within curriculum planning including concepts and knowledge
– Establish high quality features of teaching and learning
– Support the development of CPD and subject knowledge
– Prepare you for a deep dive within your subject area
The programme will combine a variety of learning approaches including 12 half-day face to face sessions and online delivery via Moodle.
On completion, you may choose to register as an Associate Member with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to support your professional career development and progression.
The assessment methods for the Subject Leader Apprenticeship include:
– On Programme Learning (OPL) for a period of 12-18 months. A portfolio of evidence is collated throughout the OPL period which is aligned to the work of a subject leader and the knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSB’s) of the apprenticeship.
– End-point assessment (EPA) which includes a presentation with a question and answer session, and a professional discussion underpinned by the portfolio of evidence created throughout the on programme learning.
You will need to provide physical evidence of Maths and English GCSE C/4 or above.
Upon successful completion, you may wish to progress on to an Operations/Departmental Manager Apprenticeship.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.