Safeguarding Adults & Children (CPD)
This course aims to give you the knowledge you need to understand the impact of and key issues surrounding the safeguarding of adults and children. This includes how to recognise, respond to and reduce the likelihood of abuse. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Understanding the principles of safeguarding adults: In this section you will cover the main types of abuse and harm an individual may be at risk of experiencing, as well as the importance of being treated with dignity and respect when coming forward about a case of abuse.
– Reducing the likelihood of abuse: This section covers the expected levels of dignity and rights within a care environment and you will examine the importance of individualised care, the various safeguarding policies in place and managing potential risks.
– Responding to suspected or disclosed abuse: In this section you will look at what course of action to take if abuse of an adult is suspected, as well as local whistleblowing policy procedures.
– Protecting people from harm and abuse locally and nationally: This section covers possible barriers to alerting or referring relevant agencies to an alleged case of abuse, as well as legislation in place currently which relates to the sharing of information.
– Safeguarding children: This section explores what procedures to follow if a child or young person is suspected of experiencing abuse.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study our Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.