Sexual Health Awareness (CPD)
This course provides a wealth of information that will increase your understanding of sexual health issues. It is a great way to enhance your knowledge if you are looking to begin a career within this field or simply want to increase your awareness of the different types of STIs. Also explored are helpful guidance for maintaining positive intimate relationships and the mechanics of human reproduction. This official CPD course is perfect for an introduction to a subject or a subject refresher.
Units covered in this programme include:
– Relationships: In this section, you will cover what is meant by ‘friendships’, ‘relationships’ and ‘intimacy’; why people want close relationships; the different types of sexual health and relationship concerns; and the reasons why people may delay relationships.
– Sexually transmitted infections: You will study the different types of STIs, how they are transmitted, the possible consequences of not having chlamydia treated and where to obtain information, advice and treatment for sexually transmitted infections.
– Human reproduction: This section covers male and female reproductive organs, as well as what happens during the menstrual cycle.
– Contraception: You will look at the methods of contraception suitable for young people, their advantages and disadvantages and where they can be obtained. You will also cover important things to remember when using a condom and examples of where to look for information and advice about contraception.
– The media: In this section, you will learn about the ways in which society can respond to sexual health and relationship issues and will develop your knowledge of the portrayal of sex in the media.
Apply for this course
Cost : Total Fee £30
This course will be automatically assessed online and you will receive an e-certificate upon completion.
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to study our Safeguarding Adults and Children course.
Facilities and resources
You will need access to the internet.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.