T Level Foundation Year – Engineering & Manufacturing
This one-year T Level Foundation Year Programme has been designed to give you the best chance of progressing onto your chosen T Level – and successfully completing it.
It’s been developed with leading businesses, schools and colleges to help you gain the knowledge, skills, and work experience that you will need for your next step, and that employers look for in future employees.
You will gain the following:
– Technical knowledge and practical skills
– Industry-based work experience
– Relevant English, maths and digital skills
– Focused individual support and personal development
The course encompasses the Diploma in Engineering in order to prepare you for further study onto the full T Level at Level 3.
Some of the units covered could include:
– Working in an engineering environment
– Engineering and manufacturing principles
– Bench fitting techniques
– Using a lathe
– Using a milling machine
Assessment will be through a variety of methods which could include practical activities, written activities or externally assessed content.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), including GCSE Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English you will continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 2 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills before progressing to your next level course.
This course is aimed at anyone interested in going on to study an engineering T Level or an apprenticeship.
Facilities and resources
Our Engineering Centre of Excellence is a specialist training and assessment facility for engineering and manufacturing students. The building includes high-tech CAD facilities, 3D printing, electronics design and assembly, a fabrication and welding workshop, CNC and manual machining and a bench fitting workshop.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.