Transition to T Level – Education & Childcare
This one-year T Level Transition Programme has been designed to give you the best chance of progressing onto your chosen T Level – and successfully completing it.
It’s been developed with leading businesses, schools and colleges to help you gain the knowledge, skills, and work experience that you will need for your next step, and that employers look for in future employees.
You can expect to:
– Gain technical knowledge and practical skills
– Undertake industry-based work experience
– Develop relevant English, maths and digital skills
– Benefit from focused individual support and personal development
The course encompasses the Certificate in Working with Children in Early Years and Primary Settings, Certificate in Understanding Mental Health in the Early Years as well as a topical Level 3 unit in order to prepare you for further study onto the full T Level at Level 3.
Some of the units covered on this course could include:
– Child development from birth to 11 years 11 months
– Play and learning
– Exploring legislation
– The role of the childcare practitioner
– Physical development and physical activity
Assessment will be through a variety of methods which could include practical activities, written activities or externally assessed content.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), preferably including GCSE Maths and English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths and/or English you will continue studying these subjects alongside your chosen course(s). At the end of the year, you are expected to have completed and achieved all the components of your Level 2 Study Programme and improved your Maths and English skills before progressing to your next level course
This course is aimed at anyone interested in going on to study the T Level in Education & Childcare.
Facilities and resources
We have a fully equipped training room with interactive babies, baby changing and bathing facilities, as well as a wide variety of educational learning resources.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
As this course requires you to undertake work placements with children and/or vulnerable adults, a DBS check is required.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.