Transition to T Level – Health & Social Care
This one-year T Level Transition Programme has been designed to give you the best chance of progressing onto your chosen T Level and successfully completing it.
It’s been developed with leading businesses, schools and colleges to help you gain the knowledge, skills, and work experience that you will need for your next step, and that employers look for in future employees.
You can expect to:
– Gain technical knowledge and practical skills
– Undertake industry-based work experience
– Develop relevant English, maths and digital skills
– Benefit from focused individual support and personal development
The course contains elements from Level 2 and Level 3 content and provides an introduction to the skills required to work in the healthcare sector in the UK today. During the course, you will study the following modules:
– Biology GCSE
– Human Lifespan Development
– Principles of safe practice in health and social care
Alongside these elements, there will be a personal development project, which will support the development of skills and knowledge necessary for working in health and social care. You will also be expected to undertake a minimum of one week’s work experience.
Human Lifespan Development and Biology GCSE will be externally assessed.
All entrants must hold four GCSEs at grade 3 or equivalent (or above), including GCSE English. If you do not have a GCSE grade 4 in Maths you will continue studying this alongside your chosen course(s).
You must have a strong commitment to continue your studies at Level 3. Good people skills and confidence are ideal personal qualities needed to work in health and social care.
Upon successful completion, you can progress on to the Health and Science T Level with a pathway to healthcare.
Facilities and resources
We have laboratory facilities for science-based learning, excellent online accessible resources for when you need to access learning remotely, as well as a supportive, experienced teaching team. You will have a personal tutor who will support and guide you through the programme.
Every full-time student at Petroc will have their own Study Programme which will include:
– Your academic or vocational qualification.
– Maths and English Language development – if you have not achieved GCSE grade 4 in either of these subjects.
– Work Experience – hours will vary depending on your qualification and course level.
– Tutor Support – to support your personal, academic and professional development.
– Sustainability – helping you to identify how you can improve the sustainability of your future employment sectors.
– Personal Development Awards – developing six key areas of personal and employability behaviours to prepare you for the working world.
Apply for this course
Why Petroc should be your first choice
Petroc offers high quality education and training across North and Mid Devon. We provide outstanding learning, excellent facilities, strong connections to employers and a supportive environment to help you fulfil your education goals and set you on your path to the career of your dreams.
We offer a supportive and inclusive environment where you can flourish and feel a valued member of the college and wider community.
Our teaching spaces and facilities are some of the best in the region, providing stimulating and true-to-life learning environments.
We’ll provide you with the experiences you need to be ready for employment or the next step on your educational journey.